CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Our Temple Square Day




We headed out to temple square the other day, even though we had both been there a few times. It amazing to me how it changes each time I go. Of course it was special this time cause I was with my husband. We went through the Beehive house and I realized I kind of like antiques. The sister missionaries could barely speak english and they were talking about polygany and what can I say it was pretty funny watching the faces of the people on our tour. We also went to the Joseph Smith movie and it made us cry. It is really an intense show. Also, one of my old nieghbors Ryan Wood was Oliver Cowdry in it and I couldn't help but say in my head: "You're not Oliver! I know you, YOU ARE RYAN WOOD!" After all that we went on a tour of the conference building, which is huge by the way. A guy asked how much it all cost and they were like, "We don't realease that information..." Jaimo and I think it was a billion or so? Oh and FYI they tore down the crossroads mall and the church bought the property they are making it a whole new shopping district and stuff. Also, owning the property helps to maintain the picketers during conference. Which we get to go to a session on Saturday and Sunday! It will be my first time and I am excited to experience conference at the center of it all!
P.S. We decided that the SLC temple is the one we plan on getting sealed in....

2 comments:

Rachel said...

How fun. I love temple square. Hope you enjoyed conference, I have always wanted to go. Love your haircut btw.

Shilowe said...

Sassy specs!(sunglasses) Temple square is always a fun spot to visit.